The South London Legal Partnership provides affordable, high quality and customer focused legal services to the London boroughs of Merton, Richmond, Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth.
We are seeking to recruit a Business Admin Apprentice to join our Practice Management team to help provide administrative and IT support to the organisation as well as working towards achieving a level 3 qualification.
About the role:
This role is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience working in the public sector developing new administrative skills. If you enjoy working as part of a busy but supportive team, have good communication and organisational skills and enjoy learning new things then this position may be for you. We are looking for positive, adaptable people who relish working in a challenging, exciting environment and who are willing to engage and contribute fully to the success of the service as it continues to develop.
As an apprentice, you will receive excellent educational support to ensure successful candidates reach their learning and development goals including completing their NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration by the end of the fixed term period.
The Apprentice will be supported and given time to complete a Business Administration Level 3 NVQ (18 months contract) through a training provider and will form part of a group of apprentices working within the council. You will also be able to access a variety of in-house learning and development opportunities.
You will need to have good IT skills, ability to work individually but also as part of a team and to meet deadlines coupled with good academic qualifications. Experience of working as part of a team, as well as good communication skills would be an advantage.
You will need a minimum of 5 A* to C GCSE passes (new grades; 9 to 4) including Maths and English, or equivalent e.g. Level 2 qualification.
Priority is given to those who meet the criteria below:
1. You are aged 16 – 24.
2. The applicant must be eligible to work in the UK.
3. You are not in full time education.
4. You do not have a degree or professional qualification.
5. You are willing to undertake a National Vocational Qualification NVQ3.
6. Priority (but not exclusivity) will be given to Merton residents to support local economic development.
For the purposes of the Apprenticeship scheme a Merton resident is defined as:
• Any person currently residing within the Local Authority area.
• Any person who is or was previously Looked After by the Local Authority or who was subject to a Supervision or Care Order (or Child Protection Plan) regardless of their current place of residence.
Also to be considered are non-resident people with a link to the borough:
• Any person who has previously resided within the Local Authority area and who continues to have family links within the Local Authority area.
• Any person who resides in a neighbouring borough but completed their education within Merton Local Authority area.
7. Next priority (but not exclusivity) will be given to people in neighbouring boroughs to support local economic development.
8. Finally anyone else provided they can travel to and from the borough to complete the apprenticeship (to be tested at interview).
What we offer
We are committed to promoting equality and respecting diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.
We offer excellent training opportunities, generous annual leave entitlement and the option of joining the local authority pension scheme.
If you have any questions about this criteria please email [email protected]
For more information or any questions about this role please contact [email protected]
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.